2000 Season Fantasy Edition (PEPSI 400 @ Daytona International Speedway, July 1st, 2000) Edit
- Curse-words will be censored out by *bleep*s.
Car Numbers, Sponsors, Manufacturers, and Drivers Edit
- 1 Pennzoil Chevrolet (Jimmy Neutron)
- 2 Miller Lite Ford (Rudy Tabootie)
- 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet (Eddy "The Intimidator" McRich)
- 4 Kodak Chevrolet (Remy Buxaplenty)
- 5 Corn Flakes Chevrolet (Imaginary Gary)
- 6 Valvoline Ford (Professor Finbarr Calamitous)
- 7 PHILLIPS Nation's Rent Chevrolet (Wanda)
- 8 Budweiser Chevrolet (Homer Simpson)
- 9 Kodiak Ford (Mojo Jojo)
- 10 Aaron's Pontiac (Jimmy from "Ed, Edd n Eddy")
- 12 Mobil 1 Ford (Snap White)
- 14 Conseco Pontiac (Nelson Muntz)
- 16 TV Guide Ford (Buttercup Simpson)
- 17 DEWALT Power Tools Ford (Evil Jimmy Clone)
- 18 Interstate Batteries Pontiac (Ed"Lumpy" Monobrow)
- 19 MOTOROLA Ford (Eduardo)
- 20 Home Depot Pontiac (Eddward "Double-D" Marion)
- 21 CITGO Ford (Princess Morbucks)
- 22 CATERPILLAR Pontiac (Sandy Cheeks)
- 24 DUPONT Chevrolet (Timmy Turner)
- 25 Michael Holigan Chevrolet (Trixie Tang)
- 26 KMART Ford (Bubble Bass from "Spongebob Squarepants")
- 28 TEXACO Havoline Ford (Sheldon J. Plankton)
- 31 LOWE'S Chevrolet (Blooreguard Q. "Bloo" Kazoo)
- 32 Tide Ford (Blossom Neutron)
- 33 Oakwood Homes Chevrolet (Mac Kazoo)
- 36 M&Ms Pontiac (Spongebob Squarepants)
- 40 Coors Light Chevrolet (Bart Simpson)
- 42 Bellsouth Chevrolet (Cindy Vortex)
- 43 STP Pontiac (Bubbles Turner)
- 44 Hot Wheels Pontiac (Kevin)
- 45 Spree/Sprint Chevrolet (Sheen Estevez)
- 55 Square-D Chevrolet (Stanley S. Squarepants)
- 60 Power Team Chevrolet (Francis Bull-E)
- 66 Route 66 KMART Ford (Fuzzy Lumpkins)
- 71 Real Tree Chevrolet (Cosmo)
- 75 Redcell Ford (Patrick Star)
- 77 JASPER Ford (Rolf)
- 88 Quality Care Ford (Lisa Simpson)
- 93 Amoco Pontiac (Evil Officer Mike Brikowski)
- 94 McDonald's Ford (Squidward Tentacles)
- 97 John Deere Ford (Penny Sanchez)
- 99 EXIDE Batteries Ford (Denzel Crocker)
Race Winner Edit
- #88 Quality Care Ford (Lisa Simpson)
Number Of Laps Edit
Number Of Cautions Edit
Quote 1 Edit
- (wiki-special opens inside Daytona Int'l Speedway inside Bart and Buttercup's hauler while Bart & Buttercup drinking coffee and soda at the kitchen table*
- Bart: You know, babe, *sad sigh* I wish we went on our 2-week honeymoon right after our wedding back in February (in reference to the "2000 DAYTONA 500 Fantasy Edition" wiki). But unfortunately, speedweeks (week of events leading up to the DAYTONA 500) ended up on the day after the wedding. We had DAYTONA 500 qualifying the next day, and days of practice until the DAYTONA 500. *tears up*
- Buttercup (calmly): Aw, don't sweat it, Bartman. After tonight's race, weather we win or not; as long as none of our enemies who I'd kick the heinies of to win, we'll celebrate what'll be either your victory, my victory or any of our friends' victories! At least we'll be doing something that isn't racing.
- Bart (sadly): Aw, I don't know about that. Racing is one thing, B-Cup, but whatever we do for a REAL honeymoon *sad groan* I just need us to get away from this stress playing "tag" with REXCOR week after week just so we can get alone time.
- Buttercup: *after drinking some her her Chips Ahoy flavored hot coffee from her mug* Hey, on the plus side, at least we got to hit it in Italy. The country of real honeymoons!
- Bart: Yeah babe, but I don't call ITALY a vacation (in reference to the "FRESCO ITALIA 300 Fantasy Edition" wiki, which happened the week prior). *voice cracks in the beginning* I-I-I just need somewhere for us BOTH to have "alone time" without us being on the job. (to himself) And not be reminded of last week's "off-course nightmare" that cost me the win.
- Buttercup: *short pause while thinking* *voice cracks at the beginning* Why don't we try going on our honeymoon after the season is over in November? (foreshadowing the "2000 NAPA 500 Fantasy Edition" wiki)
- Bart: Sadly, I have to agree with you, B-Cup, because I don't like waiting months for a 1st honeymoon. *sad sigh* (to himself) And I wish I was allowed to have a beer to cheer me up. *groans in stress*
- Buttercup: *gets off her chair, goes Bart and hugs his upper body and kisses him on the cheek* Awww.... don't worry things are gonna get better, Bartza. After this season, we don't have to race again for a good few months.
- Bart: I guess. Maybe... we can go to Paris for our honeymoon after the season. The French people LOVE me over there...well, almost everyone. (in reference to "The Simpsons" episode "The Crepes of Wrath").
- Buttercup: What'chu talking about, hon?
- Bart: Uh, hello, Butter-babe! I helped the French police arrest 2 crooks that abused me while I was on my school's foreign exchange program. They also put anti-freeze in WINE. (in reference to "The Simpsons" episode "Bart Goes To France")
- Buttercup: *gasps* I'm glad you didn't get killed by those ba--*bleep*--ds.
- Bart: Thanks, babe. Anyway, they DO have MONSTER truck rallies demo-derbies, and wrestling events in France.
- Buttercup (excitedly): Get out, really?!
- Bart: Eeyup! You mind after tonight's PEPSI 400, if I book a mid-December flight to France so we can FINALLY have the most romantic getaway of our lives? (referring to their honeymoon)
- Buttercup: Sounds like a great idea, Bart-a-roo! Can we also park our racecars by the Eiffel Tower for a kissing pose for our honeymoon photo?
- Bart: Hm, whatever you say, Babe.
- Buttercup: *hugs and kisses Bart, and Bart blushes*
- *Ed and Eddy suddenly enter the hauler*
- Eddy: I already told ya, Monobrow, I ain't bustin' Barttercup's bananas for a fu--*bleep*--ing box of Chunky Puffs!
- Bart (unenuthiastically): Oh no, it's the "Dork Of The Dorks", along with Monobrow.
- Buttercup: Hey! Why ain't you in Rexton's hauler throwing your grumpy fits all because you didn't win in Italy last week at Rexton at this time?!
- Eddy: Well, it's all fu--*bleep*--ing Monobrow's fault dragging me here for a fu--*bleep*--ing box of Chunky Puffs even though I'm not on his team! (Referring to Ed being a part of team Team Fastex and Eddy being a part of Team REXCOR)
- Ed: Eddy is right, my fellow chums. A mind is a terrible organ to shovels!
- Eddy (unenuthiastically stares at Ed): Eeyup! You're a riot, Ed.
- Bart: Will you get the fu--*bleep* out before me and Buttercup wail on ya, Skipper?
- Eddy: *growls* Fine! *leaves the scene*
- Ed: *sad groan*
- Bart: No, you can stay, Ed. You're a part of our team.
- Ed: Yay! I am invited to the place of the famous Mr. and Mrs. Bus Driver! Look at my nose and see your future!
- Bart (unenuthiastically): *short pause* Eeyeah, whatever. *scene cuts to Timmy being interviewed by Bob Dillner on "NASCAR Raceday: Served By The Krusty Krab"*
Quote 2 Edit
Quote 3 Edit
Quote 4 Edit
Quote 5 Edit
- ("ESPN Speedworld" Theme plays)
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Welcome to ESPN's live coverage of NASCAR's prime time Independence Day weekend celebration, from the DAYTONA International Speedway! Not only there will be fireworks and firecrackers booming in the air tonight, but there will be fireworks and firecrackers on the the racetrack, cause this is NASCAR's Independence Day tradition... the PEPSI 400! The PEPSI 400 had always been a 4th Of July weekend tradition when back then it was known as the PEPSI Firecracker 400, and this famous 4th Of July weekend celebration had it's first taste of prime-time under-the-lights action back in 1998, even though that race in 1998 was forced to take place in October due to nature catastrophes. Anyway, this 4th Of July weekend spectacular will be one no one will EVER forget. Hello everyone, I'm Bob Jenkins alongside former NASCAR Champion and race analyst, Benny Parsons, and Benny, this race could mean a lot of playoff pressure, don't you think, BP?
- Benny Parsons (ESPN): I think it really does, Bob, because we have 10 races to go in the regular season and these drivers really need to get their acts together if they wanna grab a win and clinch one of those playoff spots and it'll suddenly get down to "crunch time" come Richmond this September (foreshadowing the "2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 400 Fantasy Edition" wiki). Drivers like Timmy Turner, Rudy Tabootie, Lisa Simpson etc, don't really need to go all-out on the racetrack in these last 10 races of the regular season to clinch, because their first career wins in the season had already filled their playoff dreams, and so, they have a 10-race vacation from worry.
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Last week's victory-costing "cross-country" slide for Bart (referring to the "2000 FRESCO ITALIA 300 Fantasy Edition") might have really hurt Bart's chances at making the playoffs, but Bart knows he still has a chance at playoff-glory by winning one of these 10 races. His wife, Buttercup Simpson had already clinched a playoff spot back in June when she bumped Eddward Marion outta the way to win the race, clinching her berth, and she would love to have her husband Bart keep her company in the playoffs.
- Benny Parsons (ESPN): Indeed that would be the perfect fit for the EXTREMELY passionate couple to make the playoffs together and possibly and hopefully clinch the NASCAR Winston Cup Series trophy come November (foreshadowing the "2000 NAPA 500 Fantasy Edition" wiki).
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Let's hope we see "Barttercup" make the playoffs and show the aggression and passion on the racetrack. We're just about set to get NASCAR's 4th Of July weekend celebration underway, let's go trackside to get the command to fire these 43 metal monsters up!
- Track P.A Announcer: And now for the 4 most famous words in motorsports, *crowd suddenly screams and cheers loudly* please welcome the grand marshal of the 42nd PEPSI 400, Miss Britney Spears! *crowd cheers EXTREMELY loudly*
- Britney Spears: Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!!! *crowd cheers EXTREMELY loudly* (in unison to the crowd hysterically cheering) WHOO!!!!
- *engines start and rev loudly in unison to the ballistically cheering crowd*
Quote 6 Edit
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN / in unison to the crowd hysterically screaming and cheering): We are just about about set to go for 160 laps in this one wild patriotic night! *crowd screams and cheers as the pace car pulls into the pits* The pace car pulls into the pits, and we're ready to start the 42nd annual PEPSI 400 at Daytona! Bloo Kazoo will lead the field down to the stripe.... *cars accelerate to take the green flag waved by "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, in unison to the HYSTERICALLY cheering crowd*... as "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan waves the green flag to get this celebration underway! Glad you're with us on ESPN as the PEPSI 400 is on!
- Barney Hall (MRN Radio): They're about 1,000 feet from the start/finish line, green flag goes in the air and the PEPSI 400 is underway, and on the start, Bloo Kazoo gets away from everybody in a hurry and pulls out single file by 2 to 3 car lengths. Bubbles Turner goes with him and that's the way they hit Turn #1.
- Joe Moore (MRN Radio): Bubbles Turner shall swing by Eddy McRich to pick up the 2nd position! McRich falls in line in 3rd, then Timmy Turner in 4th! Side-by-side for 5th going into Turn #1! It's Bubble Bass all alone down to the inside of the track, Rudy Tabootie's on the outside lane! Tabootie's getting a little push from Princess Morebucks, but it's Kazoo leading the way, and Bubbles in 2nd as they exit Turn #2!
- Kurt Becker (MRN Radio): Here's Bloo Kazoo now working down toward the inside lanes of the backstretch! Bubbles Turner tries to tighten up behind him! Timmy Turner takes a quick peek to the inside of Eddy McRich while Rudy Tabootie closes in from 5th!
- Fred Armstrong (MRN Radio): Caught outta line is Bubble Bass meanwhile as he tries to grapple his way back in the line through about the 7th position! Meanwhile, here comes McRich! He'll dive to the bottom for 2nd off Turn #4!
- Allen Bestwick (MRN Radio): McRich looks low underneath Bubbles Turner! They run all the way to the broken white line separating the flat apron from the banked part of the racetrack! McRich's still door-to-door with Bubbles Turner, Rudy Tabootie will look under Timmy Turner now for the 4th spot as Turner tucks up outside his wife! They're double-wide from 2nd on-back!
- Joe Moore (MRN Radio): Up front though, it is Bloo Kazoo! He's stretched out his lead by 3 car-lengths over the ongoing race for 2nd! Eddy McRich's to the inside of the track, Bubbles Turner to the outside, and and they're stacked up double-wide from her all the way back to the rear of the field!
- Kurt Becker (MRN Radio): McRich continues to work the inside of the racetrack! Now Kazoo drops down in front of McRich! Here's Lisa Simpson back in the 10th position! She will crank up 3-wide, moving up a couple of spots underneath Eduardo Foster!
- Fred Armstrong (MRN Radio): Bubbles Turner meanwhile goes for the lead as she moves to the outside of Bloo Kazoo! Kazoo gets a drafting partner! Eddy McRich drops in line behind, now he'll go side-by-side with Bubbles for 2nd!
- Barney Hall (MRN Radio): That outside line does not appear to be the place to be in the early going, that's where Bubbles Turner gets hung out right now. She'll tuck back in single-file, now she gets a little push as they cross the start/finish line in that little drafting help from Timmy Turner who pushes her into the lead in Turn #1.
- Joe Moore (MRN Radio): Bubbles Turner shows the way this time up the 31-degree banking of Turn #1! Now it's Bloo Kazoo sitting in 2nd! Under attack is enemy, Eddy McRich right behind him! McRich's racing alongside Timmy Turner! Those 2 are side-by-side! Kazoo now drops out of the draft and tries to make a shot at the lead!
Quote 7 Edit
Quote 8 Edit
Quote 9 Edit
Quote 10 Edit
Quote 11 Edit
Quote 12 Edit
Quote 13 Edit
Quote 14 Edit
Quote 15 Edit
Quote 16 Edit
Quote 17 Edit
Quote 18 Edit
- (Lap 125 out of 160 laps)
- (In Turns 1 & 2)
- Lisa (as Timmy was getting by her for 6th): You can go by me Timmy, I'll get behind you and we can hook up together and get by Plankton! *scene cuts to Timmy's cockpit*
- Timmy (in 6th): Yeah, I'd like to hear Plankton cuss me out all because he doesn't know about restrictor-plate racing! *scene cuts to Lisa's cockpit*
- Lisa (in 7th): *suddenly encounters Timmy going too high up the racetrack coming off of Turn #2* *gasps* Timmy, you're going too high! *scene cuts to Timmy' cockpit*
- Timmy (in 6th / while slipping up the racetrack): Aw, c'mon! *hits the wall* *scene cuts to the track*
- Joe Moore (MRN Radio): Timmy Turner hits the wall! Turner bounces off the wall off Turn #2, *in unison,Timmy spins across the racetrack and cries out "AAAUUUGHHH!!!!"* and comes across the racetrack! Spongebob Squarepants nearly slams into him, *in unison, Spongebob spins in the grass and Spongebob screams as he spins* and now he and Timmy Tuner spin on the apron of the DAYTONA Superstretch! *scene cuts to Lisa's cockpit*
- Lisa (in 6th): Timmy, are you alright?! *scene cuts to Timmy's cockpit*
- Timmy (falling back in the field): I'm alright, Lise! I just have to make fender repairs and head back out on the track, and hopefully I stay on the lead-lap when my fender gets repaired! Plus, the crash wasn't my fault, my right-front tire went flat that caused it!
Quote 19 Edit
Quote 20 Edit
Quote 21 Edit
Quote 22 Edit
Quote 23 Edit
Quote 24 Edit
- (Lap 159 out of 160 laps)
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): We're about half a lap away from the final restart here in the PEPSI 400. As soon as they come to the restart, they will not only receive the green flag, but they will receive the white flag as well, meaning that they will restart with 1 lap to go. How do you think this final lap will play out, BP?
- Benny Parsons (ESPN): Ah, there ain't no doubt that this finish is gonna be a wild one, Bob. After all, on a superspeedway, anythin' goes on the final lap. All they have to do is stay in the draft with your draftin' partner, make no mistakes on the racetrack, and try every attempt to make the right move in order to hopefully coast their team to victory. *scene cuts to Jimmy Neutron's cockpit*
- (On the backstraightaway, in Turns 3 & 4, and beginning of frontstretch / under the caution flag)
- Jimmy Neutron (in 6th): Get ready, everyone! This is going to be one wild finish! *scene cuts to Ed's cockpit*
- Ed (in 13th / stupidly): We shall attack when, I Ed give the countdown! 1...2....[in unison, he re-fires his #18 car while trying to save fuel] *scene cuts to Edd's cockpit*
- Edd (in 2nd): Uh, Ed. First, we're not back under the green flag yet. Second, you have enough fuel in the car, so shutting off and re-starting the vehicle while in motion is unnecessary. And third, I insist you save your actions for when the green flag drops. *scene cuts to Ed's cockpit*
- Ed (in 13th): I am sorry Double-D, I will close my eyes. [in unison, withdraws revving while gearbox is on "N" while car was in motion] *scene cuts to Lisa's cockpit*
- Lisa (in 1st): C'mon Ed, no more fooling around! We have to be serious and keep this restart steady in case REXCOR tries to make any reckless moves on this last lap. *scene cuts to Remy's cockpit*
- Remy (in 4th) *snobbish laugh* So much for a smart naive female like you, Lisa! We REXCOR drivers can make any move we want, especially on the last lap! *scene cuts to Ed's cockpit*
- Imaginary Gary (in 5th / to himself): *scoffs* Cool one, Remy.
- Lisa (in 1st): And the reason why it's hard for you and REXCOR to win is because you all don't drive by the rules. *scene cuts to Calamitous' cockpit*
- Rudy (in 9th): You have an exact point, Lisa.
- Calamitous (in 8th): Who cares?! We, Team REXCOR are the ones who will... umm ummm... *scene cuts to Eddy's cockpit*
- Eddy (in 2nd): (correcting Calamitous) WIN, Einstein! *scene cuts to Calamitous' cockpit*
- Calamitous (in 8th): Oh, yeah, that's right. *scene cuts to Rudy's cockpit*
- Rudy (in 9th): *annoyed groan* Calamitous is really starting to pi--*bleep* me off. *scene cuts to Sandy's cockpit*
- Sandy (in 7th): Ah, just ignore "Mr. I-Don't-Finish-Anything", Rude! He couldn't finish filling a glass with peanut juice! *scene cuts to Jimmy Neutron's cockpit*
- Jimmy Neutron (in 6th): Sandy's right, don't let Calamitous intimidate you. Me and Sandy take care of Calamitous if he messes with you.
- Rudy (in 9th): Thanks Sandy, and Jimmy. You really made me feel much better. *scene cuts to Lisa's cockpit*
- Lisa (in 1st / as the pace-car was pulling into the pits): Alright guys, get ready! The pace-car's off the track, so let's try and finish this PEPSI 400 on top! *scene cuts to Jimmy Neutron's cockpit*
- Jimmy Neutron (in 6th): Affirmative, Lisa! *scene cuts to Sandy's cockpit with a close up of her face*
- Sandy (in 7th): It's time to kick some last-lap bumper! *scene cuts to the track*
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Lisa Simpson picks up the throttle as the white and green flags come out! 1 lap to go in the PEPSI 400! Eddward Marion is right on the back bumper of Eddy McRich, almost making contact with him! Let's see how things play out as we enter the final lap of the PEPSI 400! Double-D's looking toward the bottom of the racetrack, trying to get 2nd place from Eddy McRich, and he may have him here! Marion has half a car-length on McRich and all of this helps Lisa Simpson!
- Benny Parsons (ESPN):Look at Remy Buxaplenty go!
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Look at Remy Buxaplenty! He'll make it 3-wide down the backstretch as they shuffle for position! *scene cuts to Lisa's cockpit*
- (On backstretch, backstraightaway, and in Turn #3)
- Lisa (in 1st): C'mon, guys! Race them hard all you got! *scene cuts to Edd's cockpit*
- Edd (in 6th): *accidentally hits Sandy's car* UNGH! We're trying, Lisa! Sorry, Sandy! *scene cuts to Sandy's cockpit*
- Sandy (taking 6th and 5th): S'alright, Double-Dude! I gotta block ol' Calamitous! *scene cuts to Calamitous' cockpit* *scene cuts to Edd's cockpit*
- Edd (in battling for 5th): Sandy, wait! *scene cuts to Calamtious' cockpit*
- Calamitous (boxed-in in 7th): Oh, no you don't, Sandy REEKS!! *slams Sandy as they enter Turn #3* *scene cuts to Sandy's cockpit*
- Sandy (in 6th): (as she slides into the wall, collecting Calamitous and Jimmy Neutron with her) WHOA... UNGH! *scene cuts to Calamitous' cockpit*
- Calamitous (as he was spinning and crashing): *screams* I wrecked! Thanks a lot, San-- *Bubbles suddenly T-Bones Calamitous, and Bubbles shrieks as she does so* OOF! (as he was spinning) YAAAHHH!!!!! *scene cuts to the track*
- Bob Jenkins (ESPN): Lisa Simpson will come off Turn #4! Imaginary Gary won't have enough to make a charge, as Lisa Simpson will come to the start/finish line to win the PEPSI 400!
- Benny Parsons (ESPN): Man, oh man! What an exciting finish!
Quote 25 Edit
Quote 26 Edit
Quote 27 Edit
- Since this is the 2000 season, the commentators on TV (ESPN) will be Bob Jenkins (now retired) & Benny Parsons (1941-2007).
- The MRN Radio commentators for this wiki-race will be Allen Bestwick & Barney Hall (in the booth), Joe Moore (Turns 1 & 2), Kurt Becker (backstretch), and Fred Armstrong (Turns 3 & 4).
- The T.V pit reporters (ESPN) will be Bill Weber, Dr. Jerry Punch, Dick Berggren, Marty Schneider, and Wally Dallenbach.
- The radio pit reporters (MRN Radio) will be Winston Kelley, Jason Toy, Steve "The Postman" Post, Jim Phillips, Kyle Rickey, Alex Hayden, Adam Alexander, and Jeff Streigle.
- This is the Daytona nighttime race that runs on the 4th Of July weekend.
Daytona International Speedway (PEPSI 400) Edit
<hero description="This wiki-special contains characters from various shows racing in the 2000 NASCAR Winston Cup Series." imagename="" cropposition=""></hero>